Register    
Saint Nicholas
Russian Orthodox Church
606 Kennedy Boulevard, Bayonne, NJ 07002

About Us

The history of our parish

The parish was founded in the early twentieth century, newly arrived immigrants, Orthodox Christians from Russia and Austria-Hungary. In the acquisition of land assisted Hieromartyr Archpriest Alexander Hotovitsky. The first parish priest was Fr. Paul Bezkishkin. The oldest entries in the church books refer to 1914. In the years 1930-1940 Bishop (later Metropolitan) Benjamin (Fedchenkov) served and lived in the parish. The parish is in the jurisdiction of the Moscow Patriarchate.